(in 16 hours)
The South Manchester Down's Syndrome Support Group is a local parent-led charity, which supports children and adults who have Down's syndrome and their families. We provide activities, social events, speech and language therapy, information and training to enable our young people to fulfil their potential. We are affiliated to the National Down's Syndrome Association.
See our leaflet
Registered Charity Number 1164570.
- Is run by parent volunteers
- Supports families by providing opportunities to meet, socialise have a drink, a chat, share information and form friendships
- Issues a monthly newsletter with extensive information about regional events, Down’s syndrome and disability
- Organises monthly specialist speech and language classes
- Organises high quality training days for parents and professionals that address the specific learning needs of children with Down’s syndrome
- Empowers parents with knowledge
- Has resources that can be borrowed – DVD’s and books
This group was a life saver - it made me and my family feel far less isolated and put us in touch with professional services we couldn't have done without.
To become a member please complete our membership form